Implementation Suggestions on Carrying out the “Notice of the State Council about Doing a Good Job of the Near-term Key Work in Building a Conservation-minded Society” in This Municipality
For the purpose of better implementing the“Notice about Doing a Good Job of the Near-term Key Work in Building a Conservation-minded Society”(SC No 21) issued by the State Council and in the light of the actual circumstances, the present implementation suggestions are formulated.
I. The guiding thought and main tasks of building a conservation-minded city in Shanghai.
1. Guiding thought
Use the scientific viewpoint of development to lead the overall economic and social development; make great efforts to build a harmonious socialist society; implement in depth the main strategy of invigorating the city through science, technology and education in an all-round way; exert efforts to transform the way of economic growth pattern; adhere to the policy on laying equal stress on increasing income and reducing expenditure with conservation putting in the first place; take the enhancement of the efficiency of the utilization of resources as the core, vigorously develop cycle economy; and accelerate the formation of conservation-oriented growth pattern, industrial structure, and city development and consumption models so as to promote the overall, coordinate and sustainable development of Shanghai’s economy and society.
2. Main tasks
Great efforts shall be made to make breakthroughs in land conservation, energy conservation, water resources conservation and raw materials conservation, and enhancement of the efficiency of the comprehensive utilization of recourses, and while keeping economy growth in a steady and fast pace, it is necessary to cut down the recourses consumption and the environmental burden in units. The legal system shall be perfected, technical support be intensified, policy guidance be enhanced, administrative duty be defined, and publicity and education be widely conducted so as to form the long-acting mechanism that is beneficial for resources conservation and create the good atmosphere of building a conservation-mined society.
II. Key work for in this and next years
1. Enhancing land conservation and intensive utilization
(1) The regulation and control on the aggregate supply of land resources shall be perfected. The strictest system of land resources protection shall be carried out, and while making the annual plan of national economy and social development, it is necessary to do well in keeping a comprehensive balance on the utilization of land resources. The land planed norms shall be used and the total amount of construction-use land be strictly controlled; The availability of land used for the national and this Municipality’s key projects, for the accessory commercial housing and the low or middle-priced ordinary commercial housing shall be guaranteed, and the use of land for the industrial projects that fit in with the direction of industrial development be supported, and suspension of the supply of land for villas projects be continued, and the supply of land for top-grade commercial housing projects be controlled on the principles of differentiated treatment and synchronization of guarantee and restriction.
(2) The system of“approving projects, and verifying land”shall be deepened. The system of“approving projects, and verifying land”shall be deepened in accordance with relevant provisions on strengthening the examination and verification of land in the early stage of projects management, and an overall assessment shall be conducted on the scale, nature and benefit of the land-use. The land-use quota standards for industrial projects shall be formulated and implemented in the year 2005, and the land-use quota standards be extended to infrastructure projects and social undertakings projects and the differentiated land use quota standards for different industries be studied and formulated in the year 2006.
(3) The convergence of enterprises on industrial parks and zones shall be sped on. Promoting of“give up the original locus, and move to industrial parks”on the part of scattered enterprises shall be sped up, and the pilot replacing of the reserved land for industries be carried out. For the development zones that are canceled and cut down in the process of improvement and rectification, and the scattered industrial projects and enterprises that are to be eliminated, it is imperative to readjust their layouts and replace their land in a planned way. Where their factory buildings have been demolished and their land has been again used for cultivation, the corresponding land quota can be transferred to industrial parts and zones in an equal amount.
Efforts shall be made to raise the efficiency of land-use in industrial development zones. The volume rate of constructions in industrial zones shall be appropriately raised. For newly set-up enterprises, except the few with particular industrial and technological requirement, it is advocated to construct multi-storied factory buildings. Enterprises shall be encouraged to optimize their factory layouts and raise the rate of utilization of factory buildings, and strict control shall be exercised on the land-used by enterprises for non-production purposes, such as constructing big squares, lawns, etc. and the net volume rate of the constructions for industries and enterprises shall be raised to over 0.8.
(4) The relocation of rural residents to towns and cities shall be promoted. According to the requirements of“Three-concentrates”, the pilot replacement of peasants’home foundations shall be actively and safely promoted, the land replacement and the land rehabilitation for cultivation be coordinated and promoted, and the surplus land from replacement process be intensively developed and utilized. By reliance on industries and infrastructures, rural residential shall be scientifically distributed and the volume rate of the newly built peasants’residential quarters be rationally determined.
(5) Comprehensive use shall be made of the land for major installations. For the construction projects of major installations, such as communication hub, green land, tourism, culture, sports etc., it is necessary to intensify the overall planning and promote the implementation of multi-functionally compounded land-use. Appropriate combination shall be made of ground and underground buildings, public and non-public buildings, and communication hub and its comprehensive development to carry out the multi-form development. Priority shall be given to selecting rail traffic stations, such as Jiading New City station to carry out comprehensive development.
(6) The under-ground spaces in cities shall be exploited and used. While working out the regional planning, it is imperative to make the under-ground space planning. Centering around the construction of major traffic stations and commuter stations, it is imperative to do a good job of the comprehensive development and rational utilization of the under-ground spaces. Key under-ground space projects shall be built in 16 major districts, including People Square, Lujiazui, North Waitan, Xujiahui and Wujiaochang and a good job shall be done of the planning and early stage work for the under-ground spaces in the World Expo parks and zones. In the process of making the planning for the construction of new cities in suburban areas, the under-ground spaces shall be developed and utilized in the light of the construction of rail communications, civil defense projects, common grooves for pipelines and lines, and public activity centers. The establishment of the basic platform of information for the underground spaces shall be started.
2. Vigorously promoting energy conservation and consumption reduction
(7) A good job shall be done of energy conservation in key energy-consuming industries and enterprises. A good job shall be done of energy conservation in such high energy-consuming industries and enterprises as iron and steel, electric power, petroleum, chemicals, building materials, etc, and stress shall be laid on paying special attention to the 500 enterprises that consume over 5000 tons of standard coal annually, and contractual energy management shall be conducted, and the goals and measures of energy conservation and consumption reduction shall be put forward, and the tracking and guidance shall be strengthened as to strive for a reduction of around 5% in annual average energy-consumption for the industrial added value of RMB 1000 yuan in the above-mentioned industries.
The high energy-consuming general-purpose equipment, such as furnace kiln, air-blower, pump, electric machinery, etc shall be refitted or eliminated so as to raise the operating efficiency. Enterprises operating with high energy-consumption, heavy pollution and low yield of economic benefits in such industries as, iron alloy smelting, electroplating, cement, papermaking, leather, etc shall close down, cease operation or carry out technological reform.
(8) Energy conservation shall be popularized in buildings. The“Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on the Administration of Energy-conservation in Buildings”shall be strictly carried out, and new residential houses and government-invested public buildings shall be designed and constructed with the energy-conservation rate of 50%. Taking public buildings, such as office building, emporium and hotel as the core, 500000 square meters of existing buildings shall be annually selected as pilot demonstration in conducting the reform for energy-conservation. The plan of reform for energy-conservation in the office buildings of two level organs in the municipality and district/county shall be formulated and carried out. Pilot projects of low energy-consuming, extremely low energy-consuming and green buildings shall be started.
(9) Energy-consumption in the transport shall be reduced. The standards on energy-consumption, emission and elimination for motor vehicles that are appropriate for the particular features of metropolis shall be formulated, and the elimination of old automobiles with high fuel-consumption and heavy pollution shall be accelerated and carried out first in party and government organs and public transport and traffic sectors fields. The policy on automobile consumption shall be adjusted and perfected and guidance shall be given in the use of automobiles of high performance, small exhaust capacity and low emission. Buses and taxes shall extend the use of clean fuel.
(10) Guidance shall be given in commercial and civil energy-conservation. The administration of forced energy and efficiency marking on such products as air conditioner, refrigerator, etc shall be promoted, and the certification of energy-saving on products be extended. The development of new products, such as energy-saving air conditioner, elevator, lighting equipment, etc. shall be encouraged. Green lighting and intelligence-controlled lighting shall be popularized for public places, roads, landscaping light projects etc. , and the pilot joint operation of road lamps and landscaping lamps shall be conducted, and sound-activated energy-saving lamps shall be universally used in the corridors of residential buildings.
(11) The distributive energy-supply system shall be developed. The“Standards on the Technology of Distributive Energy-supply System Engineering”shall be implemented, and the use of distributive energy-supply system shall be encouraged in such big buildings as factory, hotel, hospital, emporium, commercial building, etc., and special attention shall be paid to 1-2 demonstrative projects every year, and the planning shall be made for the construction of energy center for World Expo. The co-production of heat and electricity and the centralized heating shall be gradually carried out in the six major industrial bases and state-level and municipal-level industrial zones.
(12) Renewable energy sources shall be developed and utilized. With the home for the aged, hospital, school, etc. as the core, solar equipment shall be actively popularized and 200 thousands square meters of solar water heater and seven thousands square meters of photovoltaic power-generation facilities shall be installed annually. In the light of the construction of pilot cities and towns, 20-30 demonstrative projects integrating solar energy and building shall be constructed. For existing buildings, it is encouraged to make use of the solar water heating system and the photovoltaic power-generation system under the prerequisite of not influencing the quality, safety and elevational appearance of the buildings. In the light of the construction of Chong Ming ecological island, the project of one megw photovoltaic power-generation shall be carried out.
Wind power-generation shall be developed and wind power generation fields with a total generating capacity of 130-150 thousand kw shall be built in Chong Ming county, Nan Hui district and Feng Xian district. Up to the end of the year 2006, use shall be made of biomass-energy to form the generating capacity of 40 megw through the burning of garbage and the generating capacity of one megw by means of marsh gas in filling and burying fields.
3. Developing in depth water conservation
(13) The administration over water consumption in industries with high water-consumption shall be strengthened. Water meters shall be installed for all water-intaking units in high water-consumption industries and the administration of planned water consumption shall be carried out. Water-balance test for units subject to assessment in industries with monthly consumption of over 20 thousands cubic meters of water, such as electricity, metallurgy, chemicals industries, etc. shall be completed and the rate of water recycling in industries shall be further raised.
(14) The administration over domestic water conservation in the city shall be intensified. The rate of installing water meters shall be raised and the installation of separate master water meters for each household shall continue to be carried out, and calculated water-consumption shall be practices in public works, environmental sanitation and greening, and water meters shall be installed in all newly built student apartments and the installation of water meters shall be accelerated in the existing student apartments without such meters. In the light of the rectification of river courses, water convergence pumps shall be set up on river banks with proper conditions for the convenience of the use of water in greening and landscaping. In the light of the upgrading of old residential houses, the upgrading of 80 thousand sets of over 5-liter water tanks of old-fashioned toilets for water conservation shall be completed. The upgrading of urban public water-supply pipeline network shall be strengthened, and 200 kilometers of water-supply pipeline shall be conducted and upgraded, so as to further lower the rate of pipeline leakage.
(15) The exploitation of under-ground water shall be strictly controlled. The pace of closing deep wells shall be accelerated, and deep wells in the areas reached by pipeline network of public surface water supply, except those used for special purposes, such as serving as standby to meet emergency for city security, meeting the needs of scientific researches and supplying high quality water for optimum use, etc., shall be gradually shut down. The digging of new deep wells shall be strictly controlled.
(16) The recycling of cleanable water and the utilization of rain water shall be tried out. The consumption of cleanable water, rain water and river water in municipal works, environmental sanitation and greening shall be advocated. The cyclic utilization or consumption of cleanable water and rain water in the landscaping of residential quarters shall be advocated so as to gradually reduce the use of tap water in greening and environmental sanitation. The utilization of rain water collected and stored on roofs shall be actively promoted for large-scale comprehensive facilities with floorage of over 50 thousand square meters, such as culture and sports facilities and communication hubs. The application of the rain-collecting and utilization system in modern agricultural production shall be popularized.
(17) Great efforts shall be made to popularize water conservation in agriculture. The mode of water-saving irrigation, such as convergence of water through low pressure pipeline for irrigation, and the technology of utilizing and automatically managing collected and stored rain water shall be popularized. By the end of the year 2006, 800 kilo meters of underground irrigation ditch in rice field areas and 8000 acres of sprinkling irrigated acreage in the industrial crop area and 4-6 modern irrigation zones shall be constructed so as to bring about a raise of around 8% in the coverage rate of the water-saving irrigation project over the present in the whole Municipality.
4. Actively promoting raw materials conservation
(18) The administration over raw materials consumption in key industries shall be strengthened. Technical criterions for designing norms, production rules and construction technology, etc, and the system of checking materials consumption shall be strictly implemented so as to reduce loss and waste and raise the utilization rate of raw materials. Enterprises shall be encouraged to give priority to using secondary and regenerated raw materials and to actively use substitute materials to take the place of raw materials that may easily cause fairly heavy pollution. Industry associations shall be encouraged to draw up quota criterions on material-consumption for enterprises and guide enterprises to reduce raw materials consumption.
(19) Building materials shall be saved. The criterions on the construction and decoration of office buildings of organizations, hospitals, schools, stations, etc. shall be strictly controlled. In the constructing of“four high”housing estates, developer enterprises shall be guided to try their best to reduce the consumption of building materials, starting with the planning and designing. The overall decoration of 8 million square meters of newly built residential houses shall be completed every year and the waste of building materials be reduced. The development and purchase of adequate style houses shall be advocated.
(20) Simple packaging shall be guided and promoted. Industrial associations shall be supported to organize the formulation and implementation of industry self-discipline norms on simple-packaging of commodities and with health-care articles, cosmetics and food industry as the focus, excessive packaging of commodities shall be controlled. The implementation of the“Interim Procedures of Shanghai Municipality on Appropriate Packaging of Moon-cakes”shall be supervised and urged. Green packaging shall be promoted and the use of packing materials difficult to degrade and recycle shall be gradually banned. The use of cements in bulk shall be popularized and the consumption of packaging bags for cements in rural areas and the decorations in families and municipal works be reduced.
(21) The use of disposable articles shall be reduced. Star-grade hotels shall be encouraged to popularize the supply of shampoo and bath lotion in multiple usage or bulky containers instead of small disposable containers and to gradually reduce or ban the free supply of disposable washing and rinsing articles. In public places, such as hotels and restaurants with proper conditions, the use of disposable chopsticks, towels, etc. shall be reduced. The system of charging for plastic bags shall be gradually implemented in large-scale emporium and supermarkets, and the use of materials that are difficult to degrade and recycle shall be curbed.
5. Further raising the level of comprehensive use of resources
(22) A good job shall be done of the collecting and utilization of domestic waste materials. The administration of the wastes recycling industry shall be strengthened and the recycling rate of renewable resources, such as waste paper, glass scrap and old and useless metal, etc. shall be raised. The level of the classified collecting and resource-oriented utilization of domestic garbage shall be raised so that the coverage rate of classified collecting of domestic garbage reaches 60% in central urban areas and 30% in suburban urbanized areas by the end of the year 2006. The construction of seven facilities for treatment of domestic garbage for resource-oriented utilization shall be completed or started so as to form the scale of daily treatment of 6400 tones of domestic consumer garbage. The resource-oriented recycling rate of domestic garbage shall reach 35% in urban areas and 30% in suburban areas. The resource-oriented utilization of bulky wastes, such as discarded old household electric appliances, vehicles, tires, etc. shall be carried out.
(23) Intensive use shall be made of industrial wastes and building material wastes. Priority shall be given to making comprehensive use of high-autunite flyash, desulphurized ash and dreg and disused concretes from the power plant. The domain of utilization of flyash shall be broadened and its utilization value be raised. The proportion of river silt used in the development of new type of building materials shall be raised by 5-10% annually. The comprehensive utilization rate of dregs and clays from buildings shall be raised to over 60%.
(24) Comprehensive use shall be made of poultry excrements and crop stalks. In the light of the optimal adjustment of the layout of poultry breeding farm, the system of gathering and treating poultry excrements shall be perfected and the use of commercial organic fertilizer shall be popularized in 800 thousands acres of basic farmland. Efforts shall be intensified to develop and popularize the technique of directly applying crop stalks as fertilizer on fields so as to make the acreage involved in such technique reach over 60% in the year 2006.
6. Perfecting institutional guarantee and normalization of laws and regulations
(25) Planning guidance shall be enhanced. In the drawing up and implementation of the“Eleventh Five-year”plan for the whole Municipality, the goals, indices, and main tasks for developing cyclic economy and promoting resource conservation in Shanghai during the“Eleventh Five-year”plan period shall be put forward, adhering to taking the building of a conservation-minded society as one of the important guidelines. The“Eleventh Five-year”special plan for the key domains of intensive utilization of land resources, energy source conservation, energy conservation in the building industry, development of renewable resources, etc. shall be drawn up and implemented.
(26) The study and establishment of the norms for laws and regulations and the supervision system of resource conservation shall be accelerated. The pace of carrying out legislative work on resource conservation shall be accelerated, and the legislative investigation and research on the enactment and revision of local laws and regulations and government rules with regard to the conservation of land, energy, water, materials and the comprehensive utilization of recourses, and the development of cyclic economy shall be actively launched on the base of the enactment and revision of the laws and administrative laws and regulations, such as“Law of the People’s Republic of China on Energy Conservation”and“Law of the People’s Republic of China on Renewable Energy Sources”. The inspection and supervision on the implementation of relevant laws and regulations shall be strengthened.
(27) The regulatory function of price leverage shall be enhanced. The reform on the prices of resource-related products shall be accelerated, and the price formation mechanism than can reflect the degree of resource scarcity shall be gradually established, and focus shall be laid on doing a good job of the reform on the prices of water, electricity and gas.
The charge for water supply shall be gradually raised and the ladder type charging for water shall be practiced for residents, and the water consumption quota for non-residents shall be perfected, and the system of charging extra fees for water-consumption over the planned quota shall continue to be implemented. High water price shall be charged for high water-consumption industries, such as sauna bathing place and vehicle cleaning. The system of charging for the disposal of sewage shall be implemented in an all-round way. The pricing and relevant supportive measures with the aim of encouraging the use of regenerated water shall be studied and formulated. The charging standards for water resources and deep-well water shall be gradually raised.
The administration of electricity price based on the demand side shall be strengthened and in the light of the reform in the prices of allocated electricity and sold electricity, the structure of electricity charges, based on consumption at different hours and in different seasons and two-part electricity charges, shall be optimized. Differentiated electricity charges shall be practiced for high energy-consumption industries and industries to be limited and eliminated according to the national industrial policy. The price mechanism of green electricity shall be perfected and the exploitation and utilization of renewable energy source be promoted.
The price of natural gas shall be gradually raised, and the price relationship between natural gas and renewable energy source shall be strengthened. A relatively sound price system for classified consumers shall be established, and seasonal differentiated charges shall be practiced, and the regulatory role of the price mechanism in balancing supply and demand and guaranteeing safety shall be strengthened.
(28) The application of the key techniques of resource conservation shall be developed and popularized. The application of new techniques, technology, equipment and materials for resource conservation shall be popularized. It is necessary to organize the development of key techniques concerning solar energy photovoltaic, cyclic utilization of resources in Chong Ming Island, biomass energy, conservation type residential houses, automobiles powered by mixed fuel and hydrogen fuel, and the development of the whole set of techniques concerning the resource-oriented regeneration and cyclic utilization of old and discharged automobiles and household electric appliances and domestic garbage, and bring the ones of mature conditions among those techniques into the scientific and technological“mountaineering”program or into the directory for the field of scientific and technological brainstorm projects in major industries for invigorating the city through science and education, and provide support therefore, so as to quicken the pace of industrialization.
(29) The comprehensive evaluation system and standard for resource-consumption shall be formulated. The comprehensive evaluation system concerning energy-consumption, water-consumption, pollutants discharge, etc. in construction projects shall be further established and improved. The resource-consumption unit standard for the products of main industries shall be formulated, and the standardized system for energy-conservation in civil construction and the quota standard for main water-consumption industries, as well as the water-consumption standard for landscaping and greening shall be established and perfected. The directory or implementation measures for the development of cyclic economy in industrial parks and zones shall be formulated.
(30) The fiscal and taxation supportive policies for encouraging conservation shall be perfected. Relevant national policies for encouraging the comprehensive utilization of resources shall be specified and implemented, and policy support shall be provided in terms of preferential tax of the waste dregs, water or waste liquid, gas, extra heat and pressure that are produced in the manufacturing process in enterprises, as well as all kinds of old and waste materials produced in social production and consumption process.
The“Law of the People’s Republic of China on Renewable Energy Sources”shall be implemented and the special fund for the development of local renewable energy sources shall be set up, and certain policy support shall be provided for the projects of exploiting and utilizing renewable energies, such as power generation through photovoltaic solar energy and wind, solar heater, marsh gas, etc., including scientific and technological researches, the formulation of standards, the production of manufacturing equipment, the investment in and construction of demonstrative projects, etc.. Relevant policies on the replacement of peasants’residential house foundation and scattered industrial land shall be further improved. Policy support shall be provided for the reform aiming at energy-conservation for office buildings of organizations, the recycling of cleanable water and rain water, the resource-oriented utilization of domestic garbage, the recycling of disused and old automobiles and household electric appliance, the comprehensive utilization of building material wastes, the resource-oriented utilization of mud and the popularization of agricultural organic fertilizer.
Party and government organizations shall play the leading role in promoting“green procurement”and support the utilization of energy-saving, water-saving and material-saving products and renewable products, such as automobiles powered by new energy source and energy-saving lightings, etc.
(31) The assessment and norm system shall be improved. The establishment of the assessment and norm system of cyclic economy and resource-conservation, as well as relevant statistical systems shall be accelerated, and the main norm shall be brought into the planning and program of national economy and social development. No time shall be lost in studying and establishing the scientific evaluation system of government performance and bringing the responsibility for and achievement in resource-conservation into the target responsibility system and the cadres’assessment system of governments at all levels.
7. Strengthening organization and coordination, as well as demonstration and publicity
(32) The cross-department promotion mechanism shall be established. Departments, such as Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission, Shanghai Municipal Economic Commission, Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Commission, Shanghai Municipal Construction and Communications Commission, Shanghai Municipal Agriculture Commission, Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration, Shanghai Municipal Finance Bureau, Shanghai Municipal Water Affairs Bureau, Shanghai Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau, Shanghai Municipal Statistics Bureau, Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision, Shanghai Municipal City Planning Administration, Shanghai Municipal Housing, Land and Resources Administration, Shanghai Municipal Communications Administration, Shanghai Municipal Government Offices Administration, the Legislative Affairs Office of the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, Shanghai Municipal Greening Administration, Shanghai Municipal City Appearance and Environmental Sanitation Administration etc. shall, according to the division of duties, formulate specific work schemes, and assume the responsibility of promoting the resource-conservation work within their respective systems. Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission shall be responsible for doing a good job of organizing and coordinating, and shall take the lead in setting up the departmental coordination mechanism involving the participation of relevant departments. All district/county governments shall strengthen the organization and leadership over the work of resource-conservation and formulate the specific implementation schemes of this and next years for their respective regions.
(33) Conservation-minded organs shall be set up. Party and government organs at all level shall set an example in strictly carrying out conservation and play a leading role in promoting the building of a conservation-minded city. The administration over the resource-conservation work shall be conscientiously strengthened and stress shall be laid on doing a good job of the reform targeted at energy conservation in terms of heating, air-conditioning and lighting systems for office buildings, as well as energy-conservation of service cars. Green lighting in office areas shall be carried out in an all–round way, and natural lights shall be adopted as much as possible for illumination. The temperatures set by air-conditioners shall be not lower than 26℃in summer and not higher than 20℃in winter. Full use shall be made of the information-sharing function of the e-government administration and the printing amount of paper documents, bulletins, etc. shall be strictly controlled, and the utilization of regenerated paper, as well as both sides of office paper shall be advocated.
(34) Special attention shall be paid to a batch of models and demonstrations. The pilot setting-up of conservation-minded parks, zones, districts/counties and enterprises shall be actively carried out. A good job shall be done of the planning for green parks and zones of World Expo, and the establishment of a pilot conservation-minded urban region shall be carried out in Pudong new area, and the Chongming comprehensive ecological island shall be built, and the pilot setting up of cyclic industrial parks and zones, such as Shanghai chemicals zone shall continue to be promoted, and a batch of energy-saving and land-saving residential houses and 100 conservation-minded enterprises shall be built.
(35) A good social atmosphere of resource-conservation shall be created. The role of news medias shall be brought into full play, and the publicity and education on resource-conservation shall be widely carried out. Various social groups and industrial associations shall be encouraged to carry out multi-form activities, such as soliciting articles, competitions, technical popularizations, publicity and commendation, etc. The activity of“treasuring resources, making on my part”shall be launched in primary and middle schools, and sections and chapters on the building of conservation-minded society shall be added to relevant teaching materials. The activity of“striving for the establishment of a green restaurant”shall be launched in hotels and the activity of“building a green community”be launched in communities. A good job shall continue to be done of organizing the activities, such as week of publicizing energy-conservation, week of publicizing water-conservation, etc, and conservation consciousness shall be fostered, conservation culture be built up, conservation civilization be advocated in the whole society so as to form the resource-conservation life style and consumption pattern.