The China Labor Organization Sectretary Department, the predecessor of All-China Federation of Workers' union, was the first ever to lead workers' movements by CPC. It was built on Aug.11, 1921, and dissolved in May, 1925 after the establishment of All-China Federation of Workers' Union. After its founding, the China Labor Organization Secretary Department disseminated the theories of MarxismLeninism, helped workers organize unions, exercised leadership in the struggle of strike, brought out waves of first workers' movement, and was of great significance in the history of workers' movements. In May, 1955, the site was listed as a cultural and historical relic under municipal protection, and on December 17,1977, was renamed.
The site of China Labor Organization Secreatary Department was previously situated at 899 North Chengdu Road, but relocated to No.5, Lane 893, North Chengdu Road because of the construction of the South-North Elevated Expressway. In 1999, both the party committee and government of Jing'an District allocated funds to set up the Exhibition Hall of China Labor Organization Secretary Department on this site which was open to the public on September 29 the same year.
Address:No.3-7,Lane 839,North Chengdu Road