The Second National Congress of CPC was held during July 16-23, 1922 in Shanghai. No.30, Lane 7, old north Chengdu Road (previous Pude Lane, 625 South Chengdu Road) was the first conference place for the second national congress. For the first time, the Proclamation of CPC was released publicly, the democratic revolutionary outlines for anti-imperialism and anti-feudalism proposed, the party chapter enacted to successfully complete the establishment of our party. Therefore, this national congress had a far-reaching historical significance in the establishment of our party. In 1959, the site was listed as a cultural and historical relic under municipal protection. On June 30, 2002, it became open to the public at the 80 th anniversary of national congress of CPC. In July, 2003, the site completed its renovation and expansion, and in January, 2003, was designated as the "Shanghai's Patriotic Education Base" by Shanghai Municipality.
The site occupies an area of 286 square meters, consisting of original meeting rooms, exhibition area, reception area for taking party oath and playing newsreels. In the 140 square meters exhibition hall, over 120 pieces of historical relics, recordings, pictures reflecting the second national congress are exhibited. The site is open to students free of charge.
Address:No.30,Lane 7, North Chengdu Road