Attention: all Committees, Offices and Bureaus (Administrations) of the District People’s Government, all Sub-district Offices and Pengpu Town People’s Government and the relevant enterprises:
According to the Notice of the State Council on Launching the Fourth National Economic Census (SC G  No. 53) and the Notice of Shanghai Municipal People's Government on the Fourth Economic Census of This Municipality (SMPG G No. 8), the district government decided to launch the fourth economic census in this District in 2018. The relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
I. The Purpose and Significance of the Census
Comprehensively investigate the development scale, layout and benefits of the secondary and tertiary industries in this District, understand the current status of industrial organization, industrial structure, industrial technology, industrial form and the composition of various production factors, find out the assets and liabilities of all legal entities in this District, and the development of emerging industries, further verify the basic situation of various units and the output and service activities of major products, and comprehensively and accurately reflect the new progress in the supply-side structural reform, the cultivation and growth of new kinetic energy, the optimization and upgrading of economic structure, and the quality and efficiency of development.
Through the census, we will improve the basic unit directory database covering all sectors of the national economy and the mechanism for joint construction, sharing, and the continuous maintenance and renewal, further consolidate the statistical foundation, promote the reform of national economic accounting, and promote the construction of a modern statistical investigation system to strengthen and improve the macro regulation and deepen supply-side structural reforms, scientifically formulate medium- and long-term development plans, and promote the modernization of national governance systems and governance capabilities to provide scientific and accurate statistical information support.
II. The Target and Scope of the Census
The target of the census: all legal entities, industrial activity units and self-employed households engaged in the secondary and tertiary industries within the administrative area of this District.
The scope of the census: mining, manufacturing, electricity, heat, gas and water production and supply, construction, wholesale and retail, transportation, warehousing and postal services, accommodation and catering, information transmission, software and information technology services, finance, real estate, leasing and business services, scientific research and technology services, water conservancy, environmental and public facilities management, residential services, repairs and other services, education, health and social work, culture, sports and entertainment, public administration, social security and social organizations.
III. The Content of the Census and Standard Time
The contents of the census include the basic situation of the census target, organizational structure, payroll, production capacity, financial status, production, operation and service activities, energy consumption, research and development activities, information construction and e-commerce transactions.
The standard time for the census is December 31, 2018, and the census period data is the 2018 annual data.
IV. The Organization and Implementation of the Census
The census covers a wide range, involves many departments, has high technical requirements, and is difficult to work. All relevant departments should take Xi Jinping's thoughts of new era of socialism with Chinese characteristics as the guide, follow the principle of "national unified leadership, departmental division of labor, local grading responsibility, and participation of all parties" to make overall coordination and optimize modes, highlight key points, and innovate means, and earnestly do well in publicity and mobilization and organize the implementation of the census.
In order to strengthen the organization and leadership of the census work, the district government established the Fourth Economic Census Leading Group of Jing'an District (hereinafter referred to as the “Leading Group”), which is responsible for the research and decision-making of major issues in the census organization and implementation. The head of the leading group is the held by the division leader of the district government. The member units include the Pu Department of the District Party Committee, the District Government Office, the District Development and Reform Commission (Statistics Bureau), the District Commerce Committee, the District Education Bureau, the District Science and Technology Commission, the District Public Security Bureau, the District Civil Affairs Bureau, the District Judicial Bureau, District Finance Bureau, District People's Social Security Bureau, District Construction Management Committee, District Environmental Protection Bureau, District planning and land Bureau, District Health and Family Planning Commission, District Market Supervision Bureau, District Greening and City Appearance Bureau, District Housing Management Bureau, District Investment Office, District Taxation Bureau, District Establishment Office, District Social Construction Office, District Organ Management Bureau, District Government Cooperation Office, all sub-district Offices and Towns, Shibei High-tech Group and other departments and units.
The Office of the Leading Group is located in the District Development and Reform Commission (Statistics Bureau), responsible for the specific organization and implementation of the census. Each member of the leading group must perform its duties and assume its responsibilities. Among them, matters related to the protection of fixed assets investment shall be handled and coordinated by the District Development and Reform Commission; matters related to census publicity shall be handled and coordinated by the District Information Office; matters related to the directory of organs and institutions shall be handled and coordinated by the District Planning Office; matters related to the directory of associations, private non-enterprise units and grassroots autonomous organizations shall be handled and coordinated by the District Civil Affairs Bureau; matters involving the census funds shall be handled and coordinated by the District Finance Bureau; matters involving basic geographic data shall be handled and coordinated by the District Bureau of planning and Land; matters concerning the directory of enterprises and individual industrial and commercial households and the basic information of the unified social credit code shall be handled and coordinated by the District Taxation Bureau and the District Market Supervision Bureau. Other relevant departments shall, according to their respective duties and functions, each have its share of responsibility, make full cooperation, close coordination, and information sharing. The departments at all levels that grasp the census data of the census shall provide the administrative records and data information of the department in a timely and accurate manner.
All street towns and the Shibei High-tech Group should attach great importance to the census work, set up corresponding census leading groups and their offices, and conscientiously organize and implement the census work in their respective jurisdictions. For the difficulties and problems encountered in the census work, it is necessary to take timely measures to solve them effectively. It is necessary to give full play to the role of various organizations at the grassroots level and widely mobilize and organize social forces to participate in the census work actively.
The census agencies at all levels in this District shall, according to the needs of the work, employ or transfer qualified census instructors and enumerators from the relevant units, and pay the remuneration of the employed staff in a timely manner to ensure that their wages, welfare and other benefits in the former units are unchanged, so as to form a stable census work team.
V. Funding Guarantee for the Census
The funds for the census shall be guaranteed by the district-level finances, included in the budget for the corresponding year, and allocated in place on time. The census agencies at all levels in this District shall use the funds for census in a scientific and rational manner according to the principle of meeting the needs of the work, practicing economy and ensuring the smooth completion of the census.
VI. Work Requirements for the Census
1. Adhering to the census according to law. Census staff and targets must strictly follow the Statistics Law of the People's Republic of China, the Regulations on the Implementation of the Statistical Law of the People's Republic of China, the Regulations on the National Economic Census and the Statistics Regulations of Shanghai, and fill out the census form on time and truthfully. No unit or individual may falsely report, withhold information, refuse to report or delay reporting, nor forge or falsify census data. The units and personal data obtained by the census shall be strictly limited to the purpose of census and shall not be used as the basis for any unit to impose penalties on census targets. The census agencies at all levels and their staff must fulfill the confidentiality obligations of the state secrets and the business secrets of the census targets that come to their knowledge in the census.
2. Ensuring the quality of the data. The census agencies at all levels shall establish and improve the census quality control system, clarify the division of labor, fix duties and tasks, and exercise quality control of the whole process at various stages such as census pilot, personnel training, unit verification, census registration, data processing, and random inspection and acceptance, and further improve statistical data authenticity. The District Statistical Bureau shall increase the investigation and disclosure of violations of laws and regulations in the census work, comprehensively implement the public announcement and joint disciplinary system for serious statistical untrustworthy enterprises, and resolutely put an end to the phenomenon of human interference in the census work. As for those that should be given punishment of Party discipline and government discipline or treated by the organization, the district statistical bureau shall promptly refer them to the appointment and dismissal authority, the discipline inspection and supervision organ or the organization (personnel) department.
3. Improving the level of informatization. Extensively apply departmental administrative records, comprehensively promote the application of electronic signatures, conduct the census by means of on-site data collection combining online filling out and hand-held electronic terminals, explore the use of smart phones to collect data, and further improve the anti-interference ability and processing efficiency of census data collection, so to reduce the workload of grassroots census staff.
4. Strengthening publicity and guidance. The census agencies at all levels in this District shall work with the publicity department to plan and organize the census publicity. Give full play to the role of the news media, widely publicize the significance and requirements of the census, publicize the advanced deeds that emerged from the census work, report the investigation and handling of violations of law and discipline, and guide the census targets to cooperate with the census in accordance with the law to create a good environment for the smooth implementation of the census work.
5. Doing a good job in the application of results. The development and utilization of census data is an important link of the census work and the final embodiment of the census results. The census agencies at all levels in this District shall formulate detailed data development plans to maximize the use value of economic census data, and provide an important reference for the district committees and district government to make macroeconomic decisions and promote coordinated and sustainable economic and social development.